Global Roots Play School Needs
It’s getting cold outside! Have your kids outgrown last years winter wear? We’d love to put it to good use! Please contact email@example.com if you have any of these items laying around!
- extra hand-me-down mittens (12-15 pairs)
- extra hand-me-down socks (5 pairs)
- Hand-me-down toddler/preschooler slippers (15 pairs, sizes 4-10/11)
- extra footwear (same sizes, snow and rain boots preferred)
- snow pants (sizes 18 mo-5t)
- Small adult t-shirts to use as smocks (12-15)
- Two new or “like new” couches from pet-free and smoke-free homes
- One new or “like new” large electric (countertop) pressure cooker
- One new or “like new” crib mattress
- One new stovetop pressure cooker
- One double stroller (used is OK)
If you are able to donate any of these items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inquire before purchasing new items. Many thanks!
IWR is seeking a volunteer to serve on the Board as Development Leader. The Development Leader will guide the IWR fundraising strategy, plan mail and web campaigns, ensure the effectiveness of fundraising events, and handle grant research and development for programs. The volunteer should have significant professional or volunteer experience with successful fundraising campaigns, activities, and/or grant proposals.
IWR is seeking a volunteer with significant interpretation experience or training to serve as Interpreter Trainer. The role involves reviewing basic interpretation skills with new interpretation volunteers, responding to questions, and assessing the readiness of each volunteer for direct service with refugee families.
IWR is seeking a volunteer to lead and coordinate a upcoming late summer/fall event in collaboration with the refugee farming program of the Groundswell Center for Food and Farming. The Coordinator will partner with Groundswell to plan the event, guide event volunteers, and identify contributors for event activities.
Events Publicity Coordinator
IWR is seeking a volunteer to focus on advertising needs for IWR events and to identify target audiences; collaborate with key members of the Events Team and Digital Communications Team on publicity; and maintain master list of advertising locations and options. Experience with a wide range of print and digital advertising is a plus!
***If you feel your background and experience would make you a good fit for one of the above roles, please contact email@example.com, naming the role in the subject line. Thanks for your interest and commitment to IWR’s mission!***